The European Commission Directorate-General for Defence Industry and Space invites you to participate in the EDF information event on the 2021 calls for proposals, published on 30 June on the Funding & tenders opportunities portal.
This is a FREE three-day virtual event that will consist of an info day to introduce the 2021 calls for proposals, explain participation modalities and present insights and expectations from the European Commission, followed by a 2-day brokerage and matchmaking event offering a unique international networking experience to forge winning defence research and development consortia.
What will be addressed?
The EDF provides €8 billion in co-financing over 2021-2027 for defence research and development in all operational and technological domains (land, sea, air, space, cyber, information, energy, materials, CBRN, etc.).
The Commission will present the EDF 2021 call topics, participation modalities and submission process. Additionally the event will provide a unique opportunity for applicants to pitch their ideas and expertise to leading companies, research organisations, academia, SMEs and cutting-edge innovators from across industries. The virtual brokerage event will allow you to extend your international network and create strategic partnerships through scheduled one-to-one meetings.
Background on EDF 2021 calls for proposals
The EDF 2021 work programme includes 23 competitive calls covering 37 topics for a total budget of €1.2 billion. The submission deadline is set to 9 December 2021.
All the EDF 2021 reference documents (Work Programme, descriptions of call topics and submission modalities, submission forms) are available on the European Commission Funding & tenders opportunities portal and here.
Who should participate?
Any entity interested in the EDF Calls for proposals and established in the European Union, in Norway, or in other third countries:
- Industry (or industrial actors), midcaps and SMEs
- Research and technology organizations
- Public sector
- Business associations
- National authorities
- International organisations
How to participate?
- Register online until 8 September 2021.
- Your registration will be confirmed with an automatic email.
- Following the validation of your profile by the organisers, you will receive a confirmation email and be able to start organising your participation to the networking event on 16-17 September.
- A few days before the event, you will receive the connection information for the info day on 15 September.
For further information, please contact DEFIS-EDF@ec.europa.eu