The programme aims to continue to be the leading provider of high-quality statistics in Europe for the European Statistical System (ESS).
The main objectives of the Programme are the following:
- Provide quality statistical information in a timely manner to support the development, monitoring and evaluation of the policies of the European Union, properly reflecting priorities while keeping a balance between economic, social and environmental fields and serve the needs of the wide range of users of European statistics, including other decision-makers, researchers, businesses and European citizens in general, in a cost-effective manner without unnecessary duplication of effort;
- Implement new methods of production of European statistics aiming at efficiency gains and quality improvements;
- Strengthen the partnership within the European Statistical System and beyond in order to further enhance its productivity and its leading role in official statistics worldwide.
Financing percentage by EU or other bodies / Level of Subsidy or Loan
- Research, Technological Development and Innovation
Eligibility for Participation
- Educational Institutions
- Local Authorities
- Non Profit Organisations
- Researchers/Research Centers/Institutions
- State-owned Enterprises
EU Contact Point
Eurostat User Support Network