The programme aims to continue to be the leading provider of high-quality statistics in Europe for the European Statistical System (ESS).
The main objectives of the Programme are the following:
- Provide quality statistical information in a timely manner to support the development, monitoring and evaluation of the policies of the European Union, properly reflecting priorities while keeping a balance between economic, social and environmental fields and serve the needs of the wide range of users of European statistics, including other decision-makers, researchers, businesses and European citizens in general, in a cost-effective manner without unnecessary duplication of effort;
- Implement new methods of production of European statistics aiming at efficiency gains and quality improvements;
- Strengthen the partnership within the European Statistical System and beyond in order to further enhance its productivity and its leading role in official statistics worldwide.
Financing percentage / Level of Subsidy or Loan
- Research, Technological Development and Innovation
Eligibility for Participation
- Educational Institutions
- Local Authorities
- Non Profit Organisations
- Researchers/Research Centers/Institutions
- State-owned Enterprises
EU Contact Point
Eurostat User Support Network